[nos-bbs] HTTP server restriction maybe

Bill Vodall WA7NWP wa7nwp at gmail.com
Thu Apr 19 16:54:49 EDT 2007

On 4/19/07, Steven Stimpson <steven2 at gwi.net> wrote:

> Am I missing something here?

> Why should I IFCONFIG the hell out of Jnos, IFCONFIG the hell out of linux,
> and
> in the end I end up with a null modem?

JNOS gives you a "virtual" computer that allows you to securely play
packet without compromising  or modifying your linux box.  If you have
a dedicated Linux system for packet, there is very little you cannot
do with it that you can do with JNOS.

I'm still seeing great potential in having that JNOS virtual computer
running on an embedded Linux box like a WRT54GL or NSLU2.  Then the
compact one-small-application-that-does-everything JNOS will once
again be value added.

73
Bill - WA7NWP