[nos-bbs] HTTP server restriction maybe

(Skip) K8RRA k8rra at ameritech.net
Sun Apr 15 21:48:24 EDT 2007

My friend Joe and I both operate linux jnos 2.recent - the asy is the
radio link between us Maiko.

On Sun, 2007-04-15 at 18:40 -0500, Maiko Langelaar (ve4klm) wrote:

> Hi Skip,
>
> > I see failure with the http server at exchange with a
> > browser over the asy device.
>
> What do you mean exactly by 'over the asy device' ?
>
> Do you have another computer connected via RF to your JNOS system, and
> you are doing IP encapsulated in AX25 between the two systems ?

We both are successful at jnos serving the browser on our host.
We both fail to serve browsers at the other site across radio links.
We are both successful with telnet to the other site over radio between
jnos.
In further testing:
I am not successful with telnet from my LAN (or host) so because jnos
does not NAT I'm dead meat?
Maybe I asked the question too soon...

To my eye the trace looks normal.  The IP is encapsulated in AX.
EXCEPT - for my site the IP is a private class C IP and may be one
problem.
... (his is a 66... IP).
My site sends 66... traffic to Internet - I did not review the tun trace
(boo on me).
NO NAT may be the entire answer in a nutshell?

> > There is no glaring error in the packets exchanged ...
>
> The trace would be helpfull of course :-)

I suspect you no longer need the trace?
The issue for us is a Linux platform issue .VS. DOS (the message from
Kerry Smith) shares a valid IP with jnos?
What are the chances I can install NAT as a service from the opsys on
jnos?  Need to learn C first?
Or am I being erratic?

> Maiko

de [George (Skip) VerDuin] K8RRA k