[nos-bbs] at kill all

wa7nwp wa7nwp at jnos.org
Thu Sep 28 10:47:55 EDT 2006

Barry Siegfried wrote:
> [wa7nwp <wa7nwp at jnos.org> wrote]:
>
>> Now that JNOS is "running" again, I'm getting some forwarding links
>> going again.
>
> [snip]
>
>> I do currently manually switch channels on a regular basis.
>
> [snip]
>
>> at 05 "mbox kick N7yge+"
>> at 15 "mbox kick W7ARC+"
>> at 25 "mbox kick W7smc+
>>
>> ---
>>
>> Two little issues here.
>>
>> I need to clear all the mbox aliases and all the at commands before
>> but before I dive in, any suggestions?   Restarting is the best answer
>> so far but I don't want to lose my heard lists..
>
> ["(Skip) K8RRA" <k8rra at ameritech.net> wrote]:
>
>> Interesting concept....
>
>> Consider this:
>> Go ahead and initiate a shutdown on the clock with a frequency change.
>> As part of the graceful shutdown in "onexit.nos" include the commands:
>>
>> echo ">>>>>Routine program shutdown initiated" >> h-list.txt
>> shell date >> h-list.txt
>> ax25 heard >> h-list.txt
>> ip heard >> h-list.txt
>>
>> Later - to see the heard list use "download h-list.txt"
>> You probably need something in the cron list like:
>> "tail -200 h-list.txt h-list.txt" to keep the list from
>> getting too long?
>>
>> my description doesn't consider the "public" directory or /jnos
>> pathing - it is just to layout an approach.
>>
>> good luck
>
> Interesting and inventive solution!  My compliments, Skip.  :)
>
> But probably not necessary.  The code to kill "all" 'at' commands
> was actually done several years ago because I needed it back then.
> If Maiko wants it, I'll be glad to supply it to him.  With a little
> syntactical revision it should drop into the JNOS doat() subfunction
> just fine.

Is it in your code here at:

<http://media.ijs.si/~igor/crii/files/dos_rout/ka9q/yanos/source/nos005/readme>

If so, (or elsewhere...)  I'll pick it up and drop it in tonight.   I'll
be busy hopping frequencies once I get a fix in for the Telpac RF
forwarding and program the local active channels in my two meter rig.

thanks...

73
Bill