[nos-bbs] Opps for got to attch the output file

Glenn Thomas glennt at charter.net
Sun Sep 24 14:35:31 EDT 2006

Hi all...

It's been awhile, but as I recall make echos commands the stdout
while gcc et.al. writes their error messages to stderr. Thus, a
better command to capture everything in the correct order is either:

      make >& logfile.txt

or

      make &> logfile.txt

73 de Glenn wb6w

At 10:07 AM 9/24/2006, Jaye Inabnit, ke6sls wrote:

>that' REALLY odd.  seems like there is a command to make 'make' very verbose
>and then parse results to a file.  anyone know how to do this?
>
>like 'make -v -o filename.txt'
>
>?
>
>I don't play with make much so I'm clueless.
>
>73

WAR IS PEACE!
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY!
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH!