[nos-bbs] Jnos 2.0e & Ubuntu version 6.06 Question

Maiko Langelaar (ve4klm) maiko at pcs.mb.ca
Fri Sep 22 11:24:15 EDT 2006

Jaye wrote :

> How hard would it be to make a simple bash script to locate
> needed tools for crunching jnos source?

Don't take this wrong, but I think one needs to have a certain level of
knowledge of their O/S (ie, LINUX) instead of depending on a script to
figure out if something as general as gcc or make is installed or not.

> Something like this might prove a handy tool for both newbie users

I don't think so. The newbie user needs to know anyways how to install
new packages. Just tell the newbie user what packages they need to
install, then let them do the rest. It may seem that I'm backtracking
on my earlier comment about finding a middle ground, but in the case
of something as important as knowing how to install packages, that's
different.

> as well as confirmed geeks.

Geeks don't need a script for a basic requirement like that.

> I know we need GCC, make, binutils.

Sounds good to me.

Maiko