[nos-bbs] Jnos 2.0e & Ubuntu version 6.06 Question

K8RRA (Skip) k8rra at ameritech.net
Sat Sep 16 22:59:39 EDT 2006

I thought your question was worth dealing with Larry.
So - I loaded the live demo that was packaged with LINUX FORMAT
September (without looking at the details printed in the rag).
I used an HP laptop and it went on very smoothly.

SHOCK -- no development system or C compiler...
I was looking for eclipse with gcc or some alternative - nada.
Perhaps live DVD demos consider C too geeky / they did include some
hiigh level programming stuff.

I see you and Maiko are having conversation - he is much better than I
at your immediate compile fix.
However... If you are good at redirecting output (std & err) to a file
for the entire compiler run I also would be willing to look thru it.
Be aware our interests are a bit different...
Maiko certainly wants to see the same thing you want - jnos2e to compile
successfully.
I want to document the detail adjustments required for various
environments - if my work was done I probably could answer you
directly / but it's not.

As I'm writing this I see Jaye answered your question.  The magic of
this group.
If you are successful with his solution, I have nothing to add...

Best of luck.

On Sat, 2006-09-16 at 17:36 -0500, Larry Shields wrote:

> *Is there anyone that is running Jnos 2.0e & Ubuntu 6.06, if so I'd like
> to know what you need to get it too compile correctly, for I end up with
> an error 1 exit...
>
> Many thanks for any help on this...
>
> Larry/WD9ESU
>
> *