[nos-bbs] Jnos 2.0e & Ubuntu version 6.06 Question

Jaye Inabnit, ke6sls ke6sls at cox.net
Sat Sep 16 22:40:18 EDT 2006

On Saturday 16 September 2006 15:36, Larry Shields wrote:
> *Is there anyone that is running Jnos 2.0e & Ubuntu 6.06, if so I'd like
> to know what you need to get it too compile correctly, for I end up with
> an error 1 exit...
>
> Many thanks for any help on this...
>
> Larry/WD9ESU

Larry:

base install of ubuntu/kubuntu doesn't include any compiling tools.  You will
need to add these after the install is done--gcc, binutil etc etc.  I have to
tip my hat to the vmware folks--I started the vmserver (now freely available)
and began the install process, at each point it would stop and ask me where
such as such was (or let me point it out) and I simply kept adept running and
added all the needed tools--before long, it cruched a new set of modules for
my kernel and ran like a top.

Anyway, perhaps you can list what you have now and determin what is missing.

hth om.  73

Jaye, ke6sls