[nos-bbs] Compiling Jnos 2e...???

Larry Shields larry at isp.com
Fri Sep 15 05:02:25 EDT 2006

Barry Siegfried wrote:

>[larry <larry at isp.com> wrote]:
>

>>It has been sometime since I have had my JNOS BBS up and running...
>>Since the time I had to shut down, move etc, I have not been keeping
>>up with any of the newest versions and would like to know how to
>>compile Jnos 2.e, plus what is needed to get it compiled... I am
>>running Debian by Ubuntu 6.06...
>>
>>Any help on the matter would be appreciated...
>>

>What is "Debian by Ubuntu 6.06"?  It is my understanding that Ubuntu
>is its own distribution ported *from* the Debian distribution of Linux.
>
>Maybe that's could explain some compile issues?
>
>73, de Barry, K2MF >>
>          <|>      Barry Siegfried
>+---------/-\---------------------------+
>| Internet | bgs at mfnos.net              |
>| HomePage | http://www.mfnos.net/~bgs  |

*Hello Barry,

To answer your question of what Ubuntu is: ?

It is just another Linux version, for Debian users, easy to use, it come
with many files and is very easy too install...More info can be found at
http://www.ubuntu.com

As for compiling issues, I do not have any...What I had asked was how
does a person compile the latest version of Jnos, since I did not see
any info on this when I visited Maiko's web site...

Have a great day...

Larry
*