[nos-bbs] Anyone with JNOS polled KISS (BPQKISS) experience?

Mark Phillips g7ltt at g7ltt.com
Wed Sep 13 10:14:26 EDT 2006

Hi Folks,

After my last post I was able to dig up some stuff on polled KISS but
I'm unable to get it going.

I'm trying to connect a handful of TNC's to a single serial port. I have
downloaded the BPQ408 set of files and EPROM images and in turn have
blown 2 EPROMS; one with 00h and the other with 10h in the 20c location
as per the BPQ docs.

As individual TNC's I can see data from them when connected to a termial
package.

I have built a 2 port cable as per the BPQ instructions.

The problem I'm having is that I cannot see data from them when in JNOS
nor can I command them to transmit. I have check and double checked that
I have the comms parameters set correctly.

I'm using the following attach statements;

attach asy ttyS0 - pkiss hf 1024 256 9600
attach kiss hf 1 2m

I have also tried this but it also doesn't work;

attach asy ttyS0 - ax25 hf 1024 256 9600
attach kiss hf 1 2m

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Mark G7LTT/KC2ENI