[nos-bbs] SwsVpkt - now a NIC

wa7nwp at jnos.org wa7nwp at jnos.org
Tue Sep 12 19:14:23 EDT 2006

>> Been playing a lot with Airmail here.  The goal is to get the
>> SMTP/POP of JNOS talking to the POP/SMTP of Airmail.   I think
>> there are some very interesting opportunities here for finding
>> exotic techniques to pass messages.
>
> Then you will *definitely* need to add the second ethernet NIC.

Rats.  That partially defeats the "simple" add on module I was envisioning
to have JNOS complement the Airmail system.   It's so easy with Linux...

Sigh.

When I first heard of the dual NIC trick, I had only three cards and they
were all in use.  (remember the NE2000's?)   Today many PC's have NIC's on
board and we all probably have boxes of extra cards.  It will be an
interesting experiement.

Bill