[nos-bbs] SwsVpkt (XP Packet Driver for NOS) update - Installed

Steven Stimpson steven2 at gwi.net
Tue Sep 12 12:56:52 EDT 2006

> It's always something.
>
> Also, it appears all the network traffic the XP box sees is also being
> seen by JNOS.  That's a lot.
>
> In Linux we use Proxy Arp and route specific packets through the linux
> box to NOS.  We can't do that now with XP?
>
> Hmmm.  Maybe it is time to consider more Cygwin or DJGPP...
>
> 73
> Bill - WA7NWP
>
> PS.  Also sorry to see SwsVpkt has been put on the end of life list at
> their site.

 I had a problem with sws and XP in I had the same
address in the XP ip stack and in NOS. That's a no-no.
xp will reset Jnos connections and vice-versa.

It is a good packet sniffer though, interesting to have
XP I-net activity traced on the NOS screen, you will see
some "Interesting" things going on behind the scene.

GL Best 73,
Steven N1OHX