[nos-bbs] Little forwarding hickup - email

wa7nwp wa7nwp at jnos.org
Wed Oct 11 22:52:49 EDT 2006

> Most bbs systems are limited to 6 symbol calls, so if it was my call it
> would have been truncated from pe1rdw-2 to just pe1rdw and no error
> would show up but offcourse all messages would arive at the base call
> nomatter what ssid it was send to.

I mostly agree with that.  Using the SSID as an email address
differentiator is confusing at the best.

On the other hand, the 6 character limit really doesn't apply to the
Email (or bbs ) messaging.  I told Kantronics once that their PBBS's
would be even better if they handled more then 6 character addresses and
the replied it's not the spec..  Well that just makes it more difficult
for them to participate in the world of email.  Silly them.

Time for dinner...

73
Bill - WA7NWP