[nos-bbs] JNOS to Winlink/TELPAC, WINLINK B2 support, misc ...

wa7nwp at jnos.org wa7nwp at jnos.org
Thu Oct 5 16:42:34 EDT 2006

> Hi Andre and group,
>
>> Do I understand correctly that compressed forwarding (b1 or b0) with
>> winlink is not working yet only ascii ?
>
> Bill is talking about JNOS to Telpac using packet, not JNOS to
> AirMail or Winlink using packet.

So many confusing names.   Yes.  I'm using JNOS (on Windows) to send and
receive messages with the winlink system by all of the local Telpac
gateways I can access.  I discovered last night that it works in either
Ascii or compressed (B1?) mode.

> Telpac has (will have) additional
> issues to deal with.

Yes - the mangling of addresses is going to be a challenge.  Maybe the B2
mode will fix that.

Oh - and I have used JNOS as a client to Airmail but not yet the other way.

> The REAL good news is that I've been chatting with a few of the
> WINLINK developers, and suffice to say - I  probably have enough
> info now to be able to add B2 support to JNOS ! WHich is awesome,
> and I think we need to acknowledge the WINLINK people for this.

That is REALLY REALLY good news.  Let me (us) know what we can do to help.

The Winlink2K folks have done some great work, as have the JNOS
developers..  This will ultimately be the bridge that brings the two
systems together.

73
Bill - WA7NWP