[nos-bbs] mail systems with Jnos

Joe Landers ke4eue at ke4eue.org
Mon Oct 2 19:00:32 EDT 2006

Starting back with jnos has been somewhat of a challenge but I seem
to be getting there . First off I am running Jnos 2.0e with linux
redhat 9 So far I have setup sendmail and fetchmail from the ways I
have found on the internet. Secondly I have setup jnos smtp and pop
from what i have found as well they seem to work as i find mail
showing up on my bbs from each account. But I don't think I have to
setup a mail account from each internet account I feel I could have
just one account and somehow setup something either on jnos or linux
to distribute the mail to each area such like a regular mailer would
do. I just don't have the right configurations and cannot find it on
the internet. Hopefully someone can point me to the correct location
on the net to read about it .Or someone could give me the answer
here. I would like to know how incoming and outgoing works with the 2
programs or can it be done without the programs??

Secondly can you have more than one domain other than ampr.org in
your domain.txt area?? I would consider a ampr .org a worldwide type
deal and a local.org type deal to be a local connection. How would
this effect email ?

Lastly with jnos 2.0e has anyone had forwarding working?? We have a
2.0e linux machine trying to communicate with a windows jnos 111f
machine and they seem to not want to communicate. Another windows
machine does fine with forwarding.

Thanks to everyone I hope this starts a good discussion I would like
to read some views and suggestions and hear from different people as
to how they have their setup working and hope I understand it . Even
some good sites to read will help at this point

Thanks again to all the people who help

Joe Landers
KE4EUE
Assistant Emergency Radio officer for Chesterfield Co. Va.
Owner: of the 145.390 repeater located in Chesterfield Co. Va.
Advanced Skywarn Spotter Central Va. VCFD0022
Director of Communications for Va. Special Olympics
IRLP Node Owner on SySop for nodes 4407 & 4860
Owner:Chesterfield RACES Mobile Communications Units