[nos-bbs] JNOS (any NOS) and Fedora Core 5 - the bottom line.

Tim Gorman ab0wr at ab0wr.net
Mon May 29 14:52:03 EDT 2006

Maiko,

This same problem exists with Suse 10.1. I downloaded the base setup for 10.1
and put it on an old Compaq I acquired. When I try to complile jnos I get an
error in ksubr.c (I think that is the routine) complaining about some JB_??
defines. (something about jmp_buf anyway).

I tried doing an old install of Suse 8.2 but the base install has a problem
with something that keeps jnos from running. The 8.2 load I have it running
on has had the kernel updated many times. I tried getting by with a very
small load but I may have to do a load that allows me to do a software update
from Suse (if they still have 8.2 online).

I think I can get my hands on an old load of Suse 9.1. I'm going to try it
next.

It seems like it is always something, right?

Keep up the good work. This isn't an urgent thing for me so enjoy your family
life rather than being buried in this.

tim ab0wr