[nos-bbs] BUG data detail - connect ptcpro call - here at k8rra today

Jay Nugent jjn at nuge.com
Sun Mar 5 03:43:01 EST 2006

Greetings Skip,

On Sat, 4 Mar 2006, George (Skip) VerDuin wrote:

> SO - my interpretation is:
> JNOS has data to pass to session #1 but OOPS session #1 has been aborted
> and can not receive the data.
> JNOS did not totally abort session #1 because it continues to allow
> toggles back and forth (etc).
> Other sessions can be opened, used, and terminated, without harm from
> the buggy session.
>
> I've attached a log extract to demonstrate JNOS process at that time.
> I find no work-around used to "kill" session #1 and get rid of the
> body...
> Therefore I will restart jnos soon to clear the bug and go on...

   After doing an F10 and getting a fresh jnos> prompt, issue the command
'reset 1'

   This will reset session#1.  You will then need to switch to session #1
('ses 1' command) and hit ENTER to fully clear the session.

       --- Jay Nugent  WB8TKL
          o AEC Washtenaw - NTS Liasion & Packet Operations
          o Chair, ARRL Michigan Section "Digital Radio Group" (DRG)
            [www.MI-DRG.org]
          o Michigan AMPRnet IP Address Coordinator
            [www.mi-drg.org/ip-addr-form.html]

"Getting rid of terrorism is like getting rid of dandruff.  It cannot
 be done completely no matter how hard you try." -- Gore Vidal
| Jay Nugent   jjn at nuge.com    (734)484-5105    (734)544-4326/Fax        |
| Nugent Telecommunications  [www.nuge.com]     (734)649-0850/Cell       |
|   Internet Consulting/Linux SysAdmin/Engineering & Design/ISP Reseller |
| ISP Monitoring [www.ispmonitor.net] ISP & Modem Performance Monitoring |
| Web-Pegasus    [www.webpegasus.com] Web Hosting/DNS Hosting/Shell Accts|
| LinuxNIC, Inc. [www.linuxnic.net]   Registrar of the .linux TLD        |