[nos-bbs] The ptcpro interface to jnos

George (Skip) VerDuin k8rra at ameritech.net
Thu Mar 2 21:03:04 EST 2006

Yo Maiko,

I need to check this out very carefully...

On Wed, 2006-03-01 at 11:50 -0600, maiko at pcs.mb.ca wrote:

> Finally ! >SNIP<
> > The last question is will someone with propagation to west Michigan and
> > with an SCS tnc hook up with me for the purpose of completing the HF
> > testing phase for my installation?  Yes - I'm going to make this thing
>
> I should have no trouble getting into that area from Winnipeg during most
> evenings. We can try on 7077.10 (my dial frequency) LSB, which means you
> will be using 7069.00 (your dial frequency) LSB. If you are using a PTC
> PRO that is verses my DXP 38. The frequency gap accounts for the tone
> differences, etc. I use that frequency to talk with Jim (WU3V) who
> has a PTCPRO on 7069.00 (his dial frequency).

I'm happy to use 7069.0 LSB and I will begin by leaving k8rra set there
any time I'm running jnos.
I understand I will be radiating at about 7069.00 - 1.9khz or about
7067.10 center...
Will you help me understand how you are set 10khz higher?
I'm having trouble getting my mind around it.

> But we should coordinate that of course (off list, and some time when
> I have a free evening).

How about somehow I just "got lucky"...  /  No effort on your part at
all?

> Now to deal with all my other pending emails ... :-(
>
> 73 de Maiko Langelaar / VE4KLM

73
de Skip k8rra k