[nos-bbs] JNOS2.0d - NET/ROM / strange behavior

George (Skip) VerDuin k8rra at ameritech.net
Wed Mar 1 14:13:22 EST 2006

I can go with your conclusion Maiko,

On Wed, 2006-03-01 at 12:34 -0600, maiko at pcs.mb.ca wrote:

> Skip wrote :

>SNIP<

> Which documentation (where, a URL perhaps) ?

The JNOS 1.1 Commands Manual Rel: 1.11 / widely available - under the
"attach netrom" subcommand.
I have marked the text in my work based on Barry's response as
"superceeded".

>SNIP<

> > the status display remains buggered up. WHY ?
>
> It's a bug.

For that time when you look for it again - pull this out?

For k8rra all was well until netrom was mis-configured - months of use
then it began.
For k8rra the bug will not go away now that it has started - very
pesky / very retentive.
As a work-around:
Issue the "h" command to display help help text (the top lines are OK as
a result).
Issue the CR to exit the "h" text (the top lines remain OK as a result).
NOTE: In fact now the screen display that had several text lines
"buggered up" prior to the "h" have now been restored to what they
"should have been in the first place".
Therefore I suggest the "bug" is related to incremental line output to
the terminal and does not effect the display mock-up memory which
remains in tact for a process of "full screen refresh".

If a multi-screen feature (not multi-session feature) in Linux terminal
I/O is in use, then I need to find how to restore defaults from the
Linux command line - a concept I have not pursued at this point...

> Maiko

de Skip k8rra k