[nos-bbs] nos and wl2k interaction #1

maiko at pcs.mb.ca maiko at pcs.mb.ca
Wed Mar 1 13:57:26 EST 2006

Torsten wrote :

> Maiko is doing a great job with keeping JNOS alive and fixing all the
> issues. And he helped me really a lot in porting this to Darwin. Thanks
> once again!

I'm trying. Obviously stuff like the ptcpro code and other things have a
ways to go, but at least there's something to play with for those who have
the patience to do so. Time and lack of equipment is the biggest enemy.

And of course we should all be reminded that this is just a hobby :-)

> So, I would suggest to help him in a way that we put those pieces of
> information we allready gained together and make it somewhere available.

A good start would be for you people to create your own webspace and
publish your experiences, your documentation, and send me a link so that
I can publish the link from the main JNOS page. That's the quickest way
to get the information out, since there's no way I have the time to put
all that documentation together, preview it, etc and put it all in one
place.

> Haven't talked to Maiko yet what his opinion is, but I feed having
> something like a wiki page where people can share their knowledge (and
> the relevant pieces of autoexec.nos, forward.bbs, etc.) would be great.

I want to stay away from WIKI and keep things relative to the official
website. I suppose I could look into WIKI style software to put on the
official site, but I'm far from that right now. If I had links to other
people's websites, then with their permission I could at least go and
mirror their data on the official site whenever I had a spare moment.

> Of course Maiko's page (documents section) would be the ideal place for
> this, but I don't want to put just more work on him.

You wouldn't be putting any work on me if you guys created your own
information pages, and passed me the links. Like I said, at some point
I could then datamine all those sites and put the information on the
official site. That might be more work for me, but I could do it on
my own schedule, and eventually it would get done.

Maiko