[nos-bbs] This BBS Download and Upload command stuff ...

Bill Vodall wa7nwp at jnos.org
Thu Jun 29 19:19:00 EDT 2006

> > I guess I'll go on record with the BBS "Download" and "Upload" command

A related issue and not purely NOS but I'll throw it out here for
folks to consider and any possible comments...   I discussed it
a bit on other lists last fall and haven't yet gotten back to it.

A  "ax25cp" command to copy files between AX25 stations would be very
useful.  The best part is that it would open up the potential of highly
efficient UUCP style Email on amateur systems and packet networks.

It would also enable basic NOS-to-NOS file exchange without the overhead
of TCP/IP.

If you do have a TCP path, the FTP functionality in NOS can be
configured for automatic timed file transfers with the built in
Cron and .net (?) configuration file.  It's obscure but it
really works well once it's set up.

73
Bill - WA7NWP