[nos-bbs] Amateur IP (AIP) Prototype available to play with !

maiko at pcs.mb.ca maiko at pcs.mb.ca
Thu Jun 29 11:51:47 EDT 2006

Greetings to all,

First of all, thank you to everyone for your comments regarding my
original posting to this list :

   A.X25 then, A.IP now ??? - thinking outloud

I appreciate all of it, and I'll dig more into it after I get back
from my holidays.

Regardless of whether it's better or not, I've created a prototype
interface for AIP that I want to try anyways just to see how good or
bad it gets. To me this is all about experimenting, and this is actually
something I've wanted to do for a very long time. So for those of you
that like to play, I present to you my first implementation of AIP.

   http://www.langelaar.net/projects/jnos2

* It's in the form of a software patch for JNOS 2.0e linux only ...

Due to upcoming holidays, I don't have alot of time to test this right
now, but I know that the TNC or soundmodem will kick it out to RF, and
the trace data looks *right*. Hopefully others on this list are willing
to try this out, perhaps benchmark it. I'll get to it eventually when
holidays are done.

Word of advice : do NOT run this on an active AX25 frequency !!!

Best regards to all,

Maiko Langelaar / VE4KLM