[nos-bbs] TRACEROUTE from nos?

Barry Siegfried k2mf at nnj.k2mf.ampr.org
Tue Jun 27 22:16:40 EDT 2006

["Jack Taylor" <jack at n7oo.com> wrote]:

> Speaking of nos bbs, I have a situation where I can ping and
> traceroute from the linux box to a distant point OK, but not
> from nos.  (The PING command of course is available, but
> doesn't provide any information in some but not all, cases.)
> Is there a traceroute or equivalent way to highlight why my
> routing out of nos is failing?

'hop check' is the xNOS equivalent to 'traceroute'.

Also, just turning on your interface trace (and capturing to
a file if necessary) is wonderful way to spot IP routing errors
or other situations which might make you think that your IP
routing is not working.

73, de Barry, K2MF >>
          <|>      Barry Siegfried
| Internet | bgs at mfnos.net              |