[nos-bbs] Suse 9.1 problems with jnos2.0d

Tim Gorman ab0wr at ab0wr.net
Fri Jun 16 17:18:06 EDT 2006

Maiko and others,

I finally got the radio and tnc hooked up to my spare computer and tried
running jnos.

The computer is an old Compaq EN SFF (Pentium III) with 128k of memory, 2
serial ports, etc.

When I run jnos it sits there idle ok but when I try to connnect to it or have
it connect to another system it pukes up and dies.

Below is what gdb told me on my last try to connect TO another system from
this experimental one.

Most of this doesn't even make sense to me. line 228 in ax25subr.c is the last
blank line in the file. Line 566 in ax25.c seems to be about netrom but I'm
not even running it!

Could my KISS-only rom im my MFJ-1270 tnc be faulty? Maybe I need to try
reprogramming it?

tim ab0wr

0x080f2da2 in memcmp()

(gdb) where
#0  0x080f2da2 in memcmp ()
#1  0x0818c668 in ?? ()
#2  0x080b528d in addreq (a=0x8183586 "�\204�����",
    b=0x10c483ff <Address 0x10c483ff out of bounds>) at ax25subr.c:228
#3  0x080b165e in ax_recv (iface=0x80a6027, bp=0x8191f38) at ax25.c:566
#4  0x080b4970 in kiss_recv (iface=0x818c668, bp=0x8191f38) at kiss.c:71
#5  0x0804b441 in network (i=0, v1=0x0, v2=0x0) at config.c:1538
#6  0x08087b09 in killproc (pp=0x0) at kernel.c:232
#7  0x00000000 in ?? ()
#8  0x00000000 in ?? ()
#9  0x00000000 in ?? ()
#10 0x00000000 in ?? ()
#11 0x000000f9 in ?? ()
#12 0x08188cf8 in ?? ()
#13 0x0817fc30 in ?? ()
#14 0x7e020000 in ?? ()
#15 0x080d9ef0 in __pthread_initialize_minimal ()
#16 0x08184a64 in ?? ()
#17 0x08184a3c in ?? ()
#18 0x08087da5 in pwait (event=Cannot access memory at address 0xb
) at kernel.c:429
Previous frame inner to this frame (corrupt stack?)
(gdb)