[nos-bbs] Perhaps an issue - release of port

George (Skip) VerDuin k8rra at ameritech.net
Tue Jul 11 09:45:30 EDT 2006

Greetings all,

I have found a condition that might be a bug - more likely just an
inefficiency at spectrum usage.
The condition is that "connection pending" status remains on an AX.25
port after the user terminates his request.
While the status remains, jnos continues to attempt a connect even
though the need has disappeared.

I have been having NET/ROM use problems.
Remote nodes appear in the node table, but my attempt to connect to them
(mostly?) fail.
By virtue of the node table I see neighbor broadcasts are working.
Therefore I am active at trying to connect to various nodes in the node
table from the BBS console.

What I see is that after I terminate my interest in connecting (using
ctrl-t) jnos continues to poll for connect.
The attempts even continue after I log out (using bye) until I presume
the timeout causes termination.
My sense of good design is that the attempt to connect would cease after
"ctrl-T" by the user.

I present this for conversation only at this point - if anyone else is
interested...

73
de Skip k8rra k