[nos-bbs] nos and wl2k interaction #1

Torsten Harenberg harenberg at physik.uni-wuppertal.de
Fri Feb 24 06:39:03 EST 2006

Dear all,

Tim Gorman wrote:

> I'm still learning all this and the going is slow. I'm not an expert and there
> isn't much "teaching" documentation available on how to do it all.

I complete agree with Tim.

Maiko is doing a great job with keeping JNOS alive and fixing all the
issues. And he helped me really a lot in porting this to Darwin. Thanks
once again!

So, I would suggest to help him in a way that we put those pieces of
information we allready gained together and make it somewhere available.
Haven't talked to Maiko yet what his opinion is, but I feed having
something like a wiki page where people can share their knowledge (and
the relevant pieces of autoexec.nos, forward.bbs, etc.) would be great.

Of course Maiko's page (documents section) would be the ideal place for
this, but I don't want to put just more work on him. (I could also hosts
this if this would help)

At the moment I see two usecases:

1st
  speak (with the BBS) to WL2K boxes (via Packet or PACTOR or via the
  net)
2nd
  configure the mail system (and the routings) in a way that it works
  using ampr.org addresses (and just forward from WL2K inbould, via the
  local ISP outbound)

So what do people think?

Best regards,

   Torsten DL1THM