[nos-bbs] nos and wl2k interaction #1

Andre v Schayk andre at pe1rdw.demon.nl
Thu Feb 23 12:29:38 EST 2006

Torsten Harenberg schreef:

> Hi Skip,
>
> I also started experimenting with JNOS in conjunction with WL2K. But
> my first idea was to connect via an Internet connection, which I
> haven't managed yet (and spare time was very short).
>

> George (Skip) VerDuin wrote:
>
>> My first question is "Is insertion of the extra space normal for
>> non-nos (that means Paclink on windows?) users too?"
>>

> If you use the Airmail Client, you don't see any extra spaces
> inserted. Neither you do if you use the Web Access facility. So it
> could indeed be a cr-lf issue, as all their servers run on Windows
> machines.
>
> The only issue I found using Airmail (besides that it is closed-source
> and I cannot run it on my Apple PowerBook, that's why I'm looking into
> JNOS) is that attachments have problems when they have extensions in
> their names (for example: sample.pdf didn't work as a mail attachment
> while sample_pdf worked)
>
> Sorry that I can't help with more info.
>
> 73s
>
>  Torsten DL1THM

I have a form of winlink forwarding set up from jnos.
I say form of because I don´t use fbb forwarding but rather the email
subsystem.
I forwarded the winlink.org adress to my jnos adress and use my isp smtp
server for outgoing email.
Another way that works is using jnos as an email client on paclink and
let packlink do the forwarding but this has the disadvantage that you
are limited to one account and the associated tacktical adresses.

73 de Andre PE1RDW