[nos-bbs] use of SSID

Barry Siegfried k2mf at k2mf.ampr.org
Thu Dec 14 22:09:17 EST 2006

["(Skip) K8RRA" <k8rra at ameritech.net> wrote]:

> Fascinating Barry...
>
> > Please forgive me but I have some things to say about this
> > subject.  Do NOT blame JNOS.
>
> There is absolutely NOTHING to forgive.

Well, I knew it would be long winded and I was apologizing for that
in advance.

> I am so glad you took the time to bring these issues to the table
> in a concise way.
>
> I extend my thanks for your effort.

Well then, it was worth the time spent composing the email.  :)

> > Otherwise, why bother using JNOS?
>
> I find JNOS significantly more appealing than software I consider
> more narrowly focused, albeit successful.

Well, what I *meant* was, if you aren't going to use JNOS for
TCP/IP support of any sort then why bother using it at all.

> A shining example is Maiko's use in attaching to winlink as a
> service.  The price?   --->  Configuration.

Ah, LinWink2K.  :)

> I have a vested interest in expanding jnos usage thru (simplifying?)
> the process of application.
> My interest is self generated as part of the ham hobby I am
> participating in.
> Thus far there are few successes I can count (but I'm just getting
> started?)...

I've been using NOS for nearly 20 years and trying to simplify it
through "better" programming for about 15 years and I'm still just
getting started.  :)  Several, no doubt, would call me a lunatic for
doing this.

> I hope you will permit my use of your writing in my work to enlighten
> the jnos user (sysop).

If any nonsense I utter is actually deemed to be usable by you for
whatever purpose you may need it, then by all means have at it.  :)

> > Does the above make anything clearer for you?
>
> Quite.

Good!

73, de Barry, K2MF >>
          <|>      Barry Siegfried