[nos-bbs] use of SSID

Andre van Schaijk andre at pe1rdw.demon.nl
Wed Dec 13 13:10:17 EST 2006

(Skip) K8RRA schreef:

> As an addendum - NET-ROM connects from remote sites to "GHWEST" and
> "k8rra-1" quite normally via AX-25 I believe.
> No special SSID for NET-ROM service only at k8rra-1.
> The SSID at wa8rsa is set to -7 where -4 is the BBS & hamgate..
> Thus I conclude that both options work and it becomes owner choice...
>
> 73
> de [George (Skip) VerDuin] K8RRA k

There is a very good reason to add a netrom and bbscall different from
the base call.
If you don´t set these jnos will use the basecall for netrom and bbs
trafic as wel as for tcp/ip trafic.
The result of this is that at the start of a connection jnos doesn´t
know what protocoll to use and waits for a frame from the remote site.
tcp/ip and netrom users won´t notice anything but your bbs users will
have to hit enter before they get a welcome from your jnos.

Andre PE1RDW