[nos-bbs] user notes - properly setting up 'mycall' and 'bbscall' ...

Maiko Langelaar (ve4klm) maiko at pcs.mb.ca
Fri Aug 25 13:06:54 EDT 2006

I really need to learn to read the manual at times. Even though I
have spent a fair amount of time developing JNOS software, I sure am
lousy at configuring it - even today !

One problem that has stumped me (and anyone connecting to my system)
for a long time, is why do I have to hit a key to get the BBS prompt
after I connect to my JNOS system from outside ?

In other words, why am I not getting the jumpstart ?

The manual clearly states, make sure 'ax25 mycall' and 'ax25 bbscall'
are NOT the same ! Well, what do you know, mine were identical.

So now, my configuration is set to the following :

    ax25 mycall ve4klm-1
    ax25 alias klm
    ax25 bbscall ve4klm

Jumpstart now works like a charm. Any connect to 've4klm' results
in receiving an install BBS prompt. No more key to hit to get it.

--------

  Maiko Langelaar, Department of Physics & Astronomy
  IT Group, Room 208, Allen Building, Phone 474-9273