[nos-bbs] Operating Jnos behind router

George (Skip) VerDuin k8rra at ameritech.net
Fri Aug 18 10:19:54 EDT 2006

Hi Don.
It is good to hear you are making progress up there...
If you want to proceed this way, there may be a way to give you a detail
answer if you could display some detail data:

On Thu, 2006-08-17 at 22:03 +0000, Don LaBrenz wrote:

> Hello all,
> I hope someone here has some ideas that escape me.
>
> I am running Jnos 2.0e (Linux)

At the sysop console, if you issue the command: "...> route > route-j"

>  and Jnos 2.0a (dos) under Windows XP.

I expect the Win system will support the same command - change to: "...>
route > route-d"

> have run both machines behind a Linksys WRT54GS v 5 router with v1.50.5
> firmware.

You might use a screen-dump to capture the route table from the router.

> My problem is that Jnos will seems to accept connect requests from other
> Jnos machines, but will not allow me to initiate a telnet session to
> another  Jnos  system.

To address this issue, either attach the three files from above to a
nos-bbs email (reflector etiquette permitting?) or fire off private
email to us respondents.
It is likely we can find someone who can spot the trouble?

> I am guessing at this point that it is something I am doing wrong with
> the set up on my router. I have a DMZ set up for the ip address that I
> want to be able to talk to the real world.

There are some vendor specific application rules in the routing game -
my bet for Linksys is that all LAN traffic is restricted to Class C
"192.168.1.x" in your case.

> Any Ideas would be greatly appreciated.

de Skip k8rra k