[nos-bbs] Looking for confirmation of performance

George (Skip) VerDuin k8rra at ameritech.net
Tue Aug 8 14:25:24 EDT 2006

My node is acting in an non-clearing way.

I note upon checking "ax25 status" that terminated remote BBS sessions
hang on to the local com link for a while after the local BBS is done
with a connection.
Here is the story:
Using "Connect vhf STA" to link to a remote jnos node works, and "bye"
does two things (MIN):
  1) The BBS session returns to the local (or previous link in the
chain) node
  2) The sysop console "ax25 status" shows the connection has been
cleared from the active table.
I take this as the normal.

Using "connect NET/ROM ALIAS" to link to the same station as above
works, however "bye" does not clear the ax25 active connection table.
Using "connect NET/ROM ALIAS" to link to a non-reachable node continues
to try until "CTRL-T" terminates the attempt but it also does not clear
the ax25 active connection table.
In both cases above, the transmitter continues to issue packets (not
detail traced for this email) until maybe a timer or counter expires.

I'm at jnos2.0d level and this is a request to validate my findings on
2.0d or 2.0e rev installations.
If my node is "odd man out" then perhaps someone knows what my
configuration error might be?

73
de Skip k8rra k