[nos-bbs] JNOS closer to -- multiple RF ports

Bill Vodall wa7nwp at jnos.org
Wed Apr 12 00:31:50 EDT 2006

> Bill wrote :
>
> > Here's a tricky one - could jnos on one box hook to RF via AGWPE on a
> > remote networked windows box?  I know AGWPE has an TCP interface, can we
> > talk to it?  (Today - certainly will in the future if we can't now.)
>
> I thought about the AGWPE interface, but then how many people want to
> have a system that depends on (or has to dedicate) two boxes with two
> completely different OS on it, just to do packet communications ? Seems
> a bit complicated for *most* people that may want to play with this.

It's not locally that this is of significant value.  Right now,
with Linux, it's possible for (for example) 3 stations to each
have one RF setup and share that port with the other 2.  Thus
giving the same functionality as if all 3 stations each had
3 TNC's and radios -- on unique frequencies or locations of course.
It would be amusing at the least if this could also be done
with folks running windows and using AGWPE..

Bill - WA7NWP