[nos-bbs] Re: JNOS closer to Winlink than many realize + hf.ampr.org anyone ?

Torsten Harenberg harenberg at physik.uni-wuppertal.de
Thu Apr 6 11:36:31 EDT 2006

Hi Maiko et al,

maiko at pcs.mb.ca wrote:

> level as an AIRMAIL client). Going a bit further, the next
> question was this : How many people are going to use JNOS
> on their BOAT, or on a MOUNTAIN TOP, as a client ?

Hmm.. at least some of those who don't want to use Windows or simply
don't like the one and only (non-free, non-portable) client which is
available. In our local ARC a lot of OMs are keeping asking me, as they
know I started to look into JNOS/WL2K interoperabitily. Most of them
still have old PDAs (running DOS) and are looking for a solution to use
them with some kind of HF equipment to get in contact while being on
holidays (and by the way: so do I).

But I completely agree that JNOS goal is not acting as a AIRMAIL client.
That could be an additional goody.

And maybe the idea of builing a (let me simply call it) "amateur radio
network with features who might be comparable with what WL2K does" is
more desirable.

At least I still have fun looking into the technical side of this.
That's what a hobby is for.

Just my 2cents. Have fun and a nice evening. 73s

    Torsten

--