[nos-bbs] JNOS closer to Winlink than many realize

Bill Vodall WA7NWP wa7nwp at jnos.org
Wed Apr 5 19:16:20 EDT 2006

> The main disadvantage of JNOS is that it does not include a sound card
> based interface.

Either Unix based or Windows based JNOS can work with the system
soundcard interface to the packet system.

Here's a tricky one - could jnos on one box hook to RF via AGWPE on a
remote networked windows box?  I know AGWPE has an TCP interface, can we
talk to it?  (Today - certainly will in the future if we can't now.)

This does work with Linux boxes...  Cool eh?

> It also doesn't seem to have the marketing muscle that
> winlink2k does.

spin spin spin....   JNOS/etc has better technology (usually) but no
salesmen.

73
Bill