[nos-bbs] Torstens UNIX.H Darwin patches (was getting mail into the BBS)

maiko at pcs.mb.ca maiko at pcs.mb.ca
Sun Apr 2 23:56:54 EDT 2006

Greetings all,

Sorry for leaving this thread so long.

First things first. Good work Torsten !

> Usually one would simply include <usistd.h>, but this is not done in
> JNOS for reasons explained in unix.c. So the lseek function is declared
> implicitly as "a function returning an integer".

That's dangerous, and I don't like it. I'm going to see if I can straighten
that out. Technically, those functions should be retrieved from system hdrs,
that way who cares what operating system is being used, and we can trust
that the functions are defined the way they should be (one hopes anyways).

> So I modified unix.c now with the following patch ...
> diff -u ../jnos2_orig/unix.h unix.h

Patches noted. Thank you.

> Maiko: would you be so kind and could you include that in a proper way,
> please? I will send you a new binary (with a working BBS) shortly.

Yep. Can you email me your latest binary to my work account. Thanks. Also,
please give me a 'uname -a' and a 'gcc -v' so that I can tell people what
version of O/S it is *meant* for. Thanks again Torsten.

Maiko Langelaar / VE4KLM