[nos-bbs] JNOS 2.0d - reverse lookups

Steven Stimpson (N1OHX) steven2 at gwi.net
Thu Oct 20 10:04:13 EDT 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "Barry Siegfried" <k2mf at nnj.k2mf.ampr.org>
To: <nos-bbs at lists.tapr.org>
Sent: Tuesday, October 18, 2005 3:35 PM
Subject: Re: [nos-bbs] JNOS 2.0d - 1 year anniversary, INP3, and other stuff

> the source of the problem.
>
> All of this reminds me to ask this (off this topic):
>
> Is anyone using 'domain translate on'?
>
> 73, de Barry, K2MF >>
>          <|>      Barry Siegfried

 Yes and no. This reminds me of a problem we had on our vhf net
when ka1nnn was working on the code. If you turned domain translate on,
there was a problem with reverse lookups that caused jnos to hang, but not
really hang.
It wouldn't accept user input, and the trace screen would stop. this would
happen
on the first reverse lookup attempt. while it was doing this it was still
listening to the frequency and queueing future lookups, and when the machine
would "Unhang" it would spit out 30 or 40 reverse lookup requests
for all the packets it monitored while it was "Hung".

Ka1nnn did something to fix this in his code, and added a "Domain QueryPTR"
command.

 Hope this helps.

steven n1ohx