[nos-bbs] JNOS vs. TNOS

Jack Taylor jack at n7oo.com
Fri Oct 14 14:18:14 EDT 2005

>From my viewpoint since both perform the same function, it stands
to reason that our limited resources should be applied to just one.

I've used both and from a SysOp maintenance outlook, TNOS is
more friendly than JNOS for the reasons mentioned earlier.  Why not
poll the group and find out which features are popular and combine
them in JNOS?

Both software's have 'stability problems' and it's been my
observation this has to do with the forwarding process.  One of
our local 'NOS systems lost its forwarding partners and operated
without crashing for several months.  It would be nice if 'NOS
could achieve the same stability as my ancient Linux kernel has.

73 de Jack