[nos-bbs] STRICTCALL LOGIN

maiko at pcs.mb.ca maiko at pcs.mb.ca
Fri Oct 14 07:25:30 EDT 2005

Morning all,

For what it's worth, I'm actually a CVS developer for TNOS,
but honestly I haven't had ANY time to work on TNOS 3.0 which
is now sitting at sourceforge. What's more of a dilemna for
me is that I can't spend my efforts on BOTH projects at the
same time. I had to pick one, and JNOS 2.0 was the result.

I really would like to move alot of the work I've done over
the last year to the TNOS 3.0 source tree, perhaps it will
happen, who knows, but I don't want to burn out either. It
is mostly a time and priority issue like anything else.

If there are TNOS die hards out there, perhaps one of you
would consider contacting Brian Lantz (he is still the admin
for the CVS stuff to my knowledge), and tell him, "look I have
some TNOS coding skills, I'd love to take it over type of
thing". Even if it's only making sure that TNOS compiles
on the latest GCC compiler type of thing, at least people
can continue to use it then.

> One of the reasons I've not migrated from TNOS to JNOS is
> because of the lack of call sign checking in JNOS.

Noted.

> Other features I like in TNOS is "Quick Scan" (qs) which allows
> you to quickly see what's new in the AREAS and I often use the
> TNOS mini-editor to respond on-line to messages and bulletins.

Noted as well.

> > in JNOS there is no such a function, how difficult
> > would be to add this in future versions.

Just take the code from TNOS and put it in. If I'm not
mistaken, TNOS was a variant of JNOS itself back when.

Maiko Langelaar / VE4KLM