[nos-bbs] JNOS from MODEM login under Linux

Bill Vodall WA7NWP wa7nwp at jnos.org
Fri Oct 14 00:14:43 EDT 2005

> You can forward port 23 to JNOS like:
>
> /sbin/iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -d 192.168.101.73  -p tcp --dport 23 -j DNAT --to-destination 44.1.2.3:23
>
> With 44.1.2.3 your Jnos ip number

> Bob VE3TOK

Thanks for the reply Bob.  That would work for a system already on the
web.  I'm trying to find a way for a station to call the JNOS box from
the modem and go as direct as possible to the JNOS login.

There would be three login schemes.

* User WA7NWP would give a standard shell login to the Linux box
* User Pwa7nwp would launch PPP for an Internet connection.
* User JNOS would bring up the JNOS BBS prompt.   Thus a user or another
JNOS system could call up and run JNOS or do forwarding...

73
Bill