[nos-bbs] smtp switch & configuration

George (Skip) VerDuin k8rra at ameritech.net
Sat Nov 19 22:25:05 EST 2005

I'm running the out-of-the-box jnos2.0d with servers ax25 and telnet
started.
As part of my early work I have one remote ax.25 user and myself using
"send".
At this point there are 5 mails in mqueue.
All of this looks normal to me at this point.

The mail remains undelivered - I hope it is because I have not started
smtp.
BUT I am seeing error messages:
** smtp:  Unknown address K8RRA.ampr.org
I have taken no special configuration steps for smtp yet - it is my next
step.
Why do I see the smtp message when the smtp server is not (supposed to
be) running?

Where is the best configuration information for jnos?
I have a copy of the commands manual in hand, and Maiko's site postings.
I'm searching for "published stuff" rather than "how to" on this site at
this moment.

THANKS
Skip