[nos-bbs] RF crash victim

maiko at pcs.mb.ca maiko at pcs.mb.ca
Fri Nov 18 13:19:06 EST 2005

George wrote :

> I believe I may have found a crash bug for jnos2.0d distribution.

What you reported is an APRS style beacon. If the APRS module is
compiled into your JNOS, and you are getting a crash each time this
is coming in, then perhaps a bug has been found in the APRS code.

> AX25: WB8I->BEACON v PIX UI pid=Text
> 0000  !4321.37N/08629.09W$ Lakeside, Muskegon, MI

I need to know the following :

a) are you running the aprs server (ie, 'aprs listen on')

AND

b) send me ALL 'aprs ...' entries in your autoexec.nos.

It's possible that lack of entries is doing this. Still a bug,
but putting in a missing entry may be a temporary solution.

Maiko