[nos-bbs] Remote AX25 data to local JNOS system

Andre v Schayk andre at pe1rdw.demon.nl
Sun Nov 13 10:51:23 EST 2005

Bill Vodall schreef:

>Hi,
>
>Maybe the tool exists already?
>
>The situation is JNOS and Linux AX25 packet.  If JNOS is
>running on the Linux system that has the AX25 packet
>connection, it's easy to bring the packet interface to
>JNOS by using 'net2kiss' to create a ptty with KISS data
>from the Linux AX25 system.  Then JNOS attaches to the ptty
>just like a local serial port and sees packet data.  It's
>transparent to the AX25 system - it thinks JNOS is just
>another packet client.
>
>Now it gets a bit more interesting.  Same setup.  JNOS on
>Linux and AX25 on Linux.  The twist is that the AX25/Linux
>system is "somewhere else" -- not on the same computer.
>
>Does anybody know of an 'Inet2kiss' tool that would connect
>to a socket or remote AX25 stack and make the resulting
>data stream available on a local ptty?
>
>It might need a corresponding 'net2socket' tool on the remote
>computer running AX25.
>
>This is a bit like the APRS server concept.
>
>I know I can get about the same functionality with AXIP but
>I'm looking for more of a raw packet from the TNC type
>setup.
>
>Any suggestions or ideas?
>
>Thanks,
>Bill - WA7NWP

ax25ipd can connect directly to a kiss tnc and setup a default route to
the jnos system, this way all the packets comming from the tnc will be
send directly and unfiltered to jnos, only the command kiss frames like
txd will not be send.
if you want to send those too you can try a serial over ip type of
selution, there are several of those around but I never played with that.

73 de Andre PE1RDW