[nos-bbs] internet connectivity>>>

Steven Stimpson steven2 at gwi.net
Thu May 12 16:39:31 EDT 2005

 Hello.
 I did the cat/proc thing and i got a 1 in return.

 After a lot of fiddling i'm not sure i am supposed to be attempting to route
packets from sl0 to eth0? is this the way to get internet connectivity
in nos under linux? i have tried every possible route combination (or so it seems).

the best i got when i traced sl0 was my 192.168.1.131 sl0 sending frames directly to
my ISP's router, 207.5.235.1 of course there was no response, and it was
raw IP, no ether encap.

 what internet address do i use in jnos? the one from my ISP or the private one
defined for sl0?

 in jnos, the most common route entry i tried was:

 route add default sl0 207.5.235.1

also tried route add 207.5.235.0 sl0 207.5.235.1

and last:
 route add default sl0 192.168.1.130, wich is the address of the linux sl0.

all have a netmask of 255.255.255.0

am i barking up the wrong tree?

tnx,

73,