[nos-bbs] jnos2.0b, success but need help>>>

Steven Stimpson steven2 at gwi.net
Thu May 12 08:25:14 EDT 2005

 After failing repeatedly to get the ax.25
functionality in the kernel to work with applications
correctly, IE the call program (Listen works), i turned
to my old friend jnos.

 This is my first time using jnos in any flavor of linux.
it was easier to setup and compile then dos, and it
is such a relief to have the strict memory requirements gone!
 it also compiled beautifully on redhat7.2.

 But, I am trying to get the TUN interface working.
i used the tun parameters in maiko's example autoexec.

 Jnos attaches o.k., but when it shells out to use the
linux ifconfig, it reports that the interface does not exist.

 i enabled ip:tunneling in the kernel. that is the only
thing i saw relevent to TUN.

any ideas?

tnx,
steven n1ohx