[nos-bbs] KLMproxy - Windows TCP/IP without the IP over RF - an oldidea ...

maiko at pcs.mb.ca maiko at pcs.mb.ca
Thu Jun 30 13:42:26 EDT 2005

Demetre wrote :

> IP over AX25 might have an overhead on 1200bps ...

The 1200 *crowd* was my target when I first came up with KLMproxy ...

> Where IP over AX25 really shines is on 9600bps ...

I have to agree here. Years ago we had 9600 activity around here, and
all of it was done using actual DATA RADIOS - it was great. We even did
demonstrations were we had a JNOS box running a webserver over a 9600
bps uhf link to an internet gateway, and showed people how *quick* it
was from the actual internet side. Very impressive (for it's time).

One of my colleagues once said, it's not so much the technology that
is obsolete. It's the BANDWIDTH that is obsolete in packet radio !

Maiko Langelaar / VE4KLM