[nos-bbs] KLMproxy - Windows TCP/IP without the IP over RF - an old idea ...

maiko at pcs.mb.ca maiko at pcs.mb.ca
Wed Jun 29 13:54:15 EDT 2005

Greetings all,

Yes, this idea involves the use of NOS ...

Here's something I did back at the end of November 2000, not knowing
that roughly at the same time, the PC/FlexNet people had been developing
a fully functional network IP interface for their software.

    http://www.langelaar.net/projects/klmproxy/oldidea.html

The *true* webpage for the project is up 1 level, 'klmproxy/index.html'

That kinda prompted me to drop the idea - I figured a fully blown network
interface for IP over packet radio would essentially make my ax25 conduit
idea obsolete. I should be careful how I word this. I'm sure others have
thought of the same idea. So this is basically my way of implementing it.

BUT - recently my interest in the idea has been rekindled again (thanks
to  events that occured at a field day we held outside Winnipeg this last
weekend).

Comments welcome !

Maiko Langelaar / VE4KLM