[nos-bbs] JNOS 2.0 Installer - Prototype (user friendly)

maiko at pcs.mb.ca maiko at pcs.mb.ca
Thu Jul 21 21:59:04 EDT 2005

Greetings all,

As part of the continuing efforts to *market* the JNOS 2.0
project, I present to you a prototype JNOS installer program.

Finally - A JNOS installer program for first time JNOS users.

I've developed a prototype installer that a first time user
can run and all they have to do is answer a few questions, and
bingo - a complete JNOS configuration will be generated for them
which they can immediately run and play around with.

Very simplistic for starters, but enough to get first time JNOS
users and newbies up and running so that they can figure out all
the other stuff. There is no need to edit or create any files
from scratch. The installer does it all. It's completely TEXT
based, no GUI required.

For those of you that have been scared away from JNOS, please
give this a try, and see how it goes. The installer *will* get
better over time, providing alot more options to the user.

That's all for now. Have fun.

Maiko Langelaar / VE4KLM
http://www.langelaar.net
JNOS 2.0 + NOSaprs + KLMproxy