[nos-bbs] The *marketing* of JNOS 2.0 - new banner page ...

maiko at pcs.mb.ca maiko at pcs.mb.ca
Mon Jul 18 21:54:28 EDT 2005

Hi Bill,

Greetings from Winnipeg ... Finally found time to answer this ...
* now with an all time record mosquito infestation (ouch) !

> upgrading to Maiko's new JNOS. I would like to run the new version in
> parallel on the same system for a period of time while I sort out the
> config and do any necessary tuning (remotely).

It's important to rember that JNOS 2.0 *is* JNOS 1.11f if you
are running a config from a JNOS 1.11f system, and none of the
additions.If you compiled your own JNOS 1.11f and you have the
config.h, then technically you *should* be able to take that
config.h, and compile your own JNOS 2.0 and plop it in.

> What caveats should I be aware of before attempting this ??

None, just make sure they have their own runtime directories,
and use the '-d' option when you run one of them.

If your JNOS 1.11f is using any AXUDP to other systems, then
configure different UDP ports for each JNOS system you run,
and make sure they are not opening the same devices (ttys,
pseudo ttys), make sure that any network stuff is using
distinct IP addresses.

Just watch out for device conflicts more than anything,
and create a separate directory for each jnos you are
running.

> All and any suggestions welcome.

I hope that's mildly helpful.

Maiko Langelaar / VE4KLM