[nos-bbs] The *marketing* of JNOS 2.0 - new banner page ...

maiko at pcs.mb.ca maiko at pcs.mb.ca
Thu Jul 14 12:01:55 EDT 2005

Good morning to all,

In the interests of better *marketing* the JNOS *product*, I have put
a banner page on the main JNOS 2.0 site, so that first time visitors get
a much better idea of what this stuff can be used for.

Comments / Criticism more than welcome (fire extinguisher is ready)

The next step is to create a more user friendly "install.exe" process
for those that have NEVER used any of the NOS variants before. I actually
have a document from last September 2004 that gives a complete runtime
environment for new users (check my NOSaprs page if interested), but even
that document and environment gets a bit too technical for first time
users. The idea is to have an install process that will do *everything*
for the user, such as create the directory and file structures, prompt
user for key configuration parameters, and then build all the files
automatically. The whole idea is to get first time users away from
the need to 'vi autoexec.nos' and that other *complicated* stuff.

More down the road ...

Maiko Langelaar / VE4KLM