[nos-bbs] TELpac nodes and JNOS (based on a much earlier post)

maiko at pcs.mb.ca maiko at pcs.mb.ca
Thu Jul 7 09:32:55 EDT 2005

> JNOS (and linux) is an incredible pain to setup and configure.

With time that will change. Rome was not built in a day. My goals are
to make configuration and installs ALOT more user friendly, but my family
comes first, and to keep me from burning out, I have to set a certain
pace.

> Wl2k is a system worthy of support.

I never said it wasn't.

> But that doesn't bring along the "system" benefits of the Winlink system.

I don't know what you mean by "system" benefits. My system (as could many
other JNOS systems) requires no "system" benefits of the Winlink system.

> Sending Email isn't like it used to be ... This is work already done
> and in put in place by WL2K.

I don't understand your argument here, perhaps I'm misunderstanding it,
but I think my system going direct to my ISP is more reliable for mail
delivery, then going through the WL2K system to get to their ISP to do
the same thing. I don't get it. I have no problem delivering mail from
my system, never had. If I want to send to a WinLink user, I know their
email address already. The traffic has to go via Internet anyways, so
whether it's direct mail or through a telpac connection, it doesn't
matter anymore.

> For all my comments for WL2K, I'm not really a big supporter.

You're doing a good job selling it :-)

Maiko Langelaar / VE4KLM